There is an annual registration fee for all students of $25 per individual, or $40 per family.
Tuition is $45 to $55 per class/month.
We do offer sibling discounts, referral discounts, and generous discounts for students taking multiple classes. Also be on the lookout for time-sensitive special savings opportunities throughout the year!
All fees are to be paid by Automatic Debit of your checking, savings or credit card account. Tuition is debited on the 1st of the month. This option will guarantee you will never be late paying your tuition and is hassle free and safe. Additional fees such as the Annual Production fee will also be debited from your account on their due dates. Academy of Dance accepts Visa, MasterCard and Discover.
A two-for-one discount is offered based on referrals, so that two families can split the tuition of one family for a month. Each family will receive 1/2 off tuition (per each child referred) for one month.
Discount will be applied based on the tuition fee of one family/child (of equal or lesser tuition fee of the two). Discount applies to tuition only. Production fees, enrollment fees and any other fee is full price for all families. This referral discount may not be combined with payment of the year in full and/or any other pre-enrollment offers, nor can it be combined with the discount of additional classes. Sibling discounts do not apply. If you have already taken advantage of discounts such as these you are eligible to have the tuition credit to your account for future classes, not present classes. Any arrangement of this fee must be approved by the studio director.
Your referral must be brand NEW to the studio (never having taken lessons at Academy of Dance). Family members (brothers and sisters) do not qualify for this offer as a referral. Cousins and extended family members do qualify.
Referrals can be of any age, not just the age of your child.
There is no referral limit!
Academy of Dance takes great pride in choosing MODEST, AGE APPROPRIATE costumes for our students. "Children are costumed as children."
We order our costumes from professional costume companies who make high quality costumes. Costume prices range from $60 to $75 (per costume).
Each November we measure our students and send them home with a Worksheet that the parents will use to place the costume order online. Parents have until January 31st to order the costumes.
For step-by-step guidance on ordering costumes, please visit our Storefront page.
Return to Top of Page
"Academy of Dance is a wonderful place to dance! My daughter has really enjoyed the fun-loving instructors and looks forward to class every week."
In order to keep distractions to a minimum, only students are allowed in the classroom. For parent observation, there are closed-circuit television monitor located in the lobby. Instructors randomly invite parents in toward the end of class to show what they have been teaching. It is also a time to catch parents up on class progression.
Parents are responsible for the behavior and safety of their children. We ask that you please observe the following general rules:
- Children are not permitted to play in the lobbies at any time. The lobby is for sitting, observing and visiting only.
- The studio is not a playground. Toys and other materials are not to be spread over lobby floors.
- Siblings and friends brought into the studio are to be monitored at all times.
- Horseplay inside/outside the building will not be tolerated.
- We reserve the right to ask anyone who is disruptive to leave.
- Please keep conversation in the lobby positive and up-beat. Negativity is not appreciated, nor tolerated.
- Drinks are only allowed in the lobbies, not in the dance studios.
- Please pick up your trash.
- A vacant studio is not to be played or loitered in.
- Please be on time for class. If a student is more than 5 minutes late, the instructor may not allow him/her to take class. It is very disruptive when students come in late.
- It is a common courtesy to call when you will not be in class.
- Be prompt in picking up your child. We will not be responsible for your child before and after class. Students may not be dropped off more than 10 minutes prior to their class time. If we notice your child being dropped off any earlier, we will be calling you to come and sit with your child.
- The studio doors will be unlocked 15 minutes prior to the first class of the day.
- Disrespect from students and parents toward any staff member will not be tolerated.
- Please do not park in the handicapped spaces unless you have a tag in your window. These spaces are to be used by handicapped persons only.
The studio closes on some holidays and during inclement weather as determined by Springdale Public Schools. In extreme cases the studio may close during evening classes. Classes will not be made up for inclement weather unless the same class has missed two or more weeks due to inclement weather. If you are unsure about class cancellations, please call the studio, visit our facebook page or check your e-mail. The Studio Calendar has all important dates.
Students are exposed to a wide variety of music from Christian to secular. Music for each class is age appropriate and tasteful. Classes will not listen to harsh words, topics, etc.
Return to Top of Page
Dance is a discipline and having a dress code promotes unity and professionalism in the studio. All students are given the same choices, therefore allowing minimal "competition" in the classroom.
Visit our Storefront to purchase.
- For your convenience Academy of Dance carries the required footwear. We also carry a selection of leotards, ballet sweaters, shorts and pants.
- Ballet and Tap shoes must be must be Revolution brand because they have no drawstrings or ties.
- Each student is required to have a bag for belongings. Please make sure your child's name is on everything.
- Hair must be pulled away from the face and off the shoulders in every class.
- Minimal jewelry is allowed - no dangle earrings, hoops, necklaces, etc.
- Hip Hop and Jazz classes wear black slip on jazz shoes.
- Dance attires must not be distracting.
- All Dance attire must be form fitting. No loose or baggy clothing is allowed.
- Leotard (any color) and tights are most appropriate for all classes, except Hip Hop.
- Students are welcome to wear form-fitting ballet sweaters, shorts, capris and pants over their leotard.
- All Hip Hop students must wear pants/leggings that come past the knee (as is required for floor work). Form fitting top. No jeans for boys or girls. No skirts. Boys and girls may wear athletic type long pants such as capris/leggings/sweatpants.
- Dance attire that looks like a costume or dress-up attire is not allowed in any class.
Return to Top of Page